I like that its fast, easy and uses what you already have in your pantry! I also liked that it softened the kale to a more palatable texture. It also packs a nice garlicky punch!
- 2 bunches kale
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 minced anchovy fillet or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Strip leaves from the stems (discard stems).
- Wash and dry the leaves.
- Tear the leaves into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan, oil, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, anchovy (if using), pepper and salt.
- With clean hands, firmly massage and crush the greens to work in the flavoring. Stop when the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look a little darker and somewhat shiny.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce and/or pepper, if desired